"Dream High" from Dream High
- How can you NOT want to dance when you watch that video? Impossible.
- Confession: When it's dark and cold and depressing outside, I sometimes listen to this song in the bathroom while I get ready for work. Plus, we all know how much I love this series.
- I am not someone who can pull off listening to hip hop while driving around town in my car. This song makes me want to try anyway.
- There is a specific category of music that it is peppy enough to even motivate me to clean the bathroom. This is one of those songs. Yes, HershE, I AM a superstar. A toilet-scrubbing superstar.
Category: Worst Song to Get Stuck in Your Head"Never Say Goodbye" from My Girl
- My husband is usually pretty understanding of my k-drama watching obsession. This song broke him. He said that it was floating into the next room and giving him brain cancer. I tend to agree.
- If you want to know why this song is among the nominees, skip to 1:45. The lyrics to the chorus are LITERALLY "doobeedoobeedoolala." This song is partly nominated for laziness on the part of the songwriter. But only partly.
- I want to claw my ears off. Enough said.
- Another entry from the "fake words as lyrics" camp, this song is the dark horse of the category.
Category: Best Ballad"Across the Ocean" from Coffee Prince
- Most ballads sound ridiculously similar, but this one is refreshingly different. It's something that I would listen to in real life without being embarrassed.
- First of all, if a unicorn and a kitten had a baby that pooped rainbows, that baby would be IU. She is possibly the cutest human on the planet. She also has a lovely voice.
- This song goes out to all the ladies who love more traditional ballads. It sounds like it was meant to be played at weddings.
- Be honest: If you don't speak Korean, you're making up lyrics to this so you can belt it in the shower.
Category: Best 2nd Male Lead Theme"Goong" from Princess Hours
- I couldn't find an isolated version of Prince Yul's theme, but it starts around 0:10 in the video. This song mostly plays while he stares up at the sun.
- Okay, I know I already did a piece on Kim Jeong-hoon's lookalikes, but we need to talk about the similarities between the characters of Ji-hoo and Prince Yul. They both have tragic pasts and relatives who abandoned them. Then their hearts get broken by a sassy girl who actually isn't all that great. They both wear a lot of white and have sad, swoopy tan hair until they decide to become tougher. And then the music. Nothing says "I'm sad" like violins. But which one is better?
- No sad violins here. Park Dong Joo might have a tragic past, but he's also a knife-wielding veterinarian bad-A.
- Okay, so this one isn't technically Mu won's theme song, but the second male lead is singing, so I'll count it.
Bonus Category: Best Cover of "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)" by SNSDDream High cast
- Yes, Dream High is nominated for a third category. The music was some of the catchiest of any drama I've seen. With the acoustic guitar at the beginning, I might enjoy this more than the original version.
- This one gets extra credit for getting otherwise-serious characters into drag.
Vote! Vote! Vote! And convince us to choose your favorites in the comments!