A long, long time ago, I wrote this post about the noona romance trend and what makes the difference between a decent romance and one that makes you feel all icky inside.
While noona romances definitely haven't disappeared in the last couple of years, now the pendulum seems to be swinging the other way, with several high-profile dramas casting older actors against much-younger actresses. Here are just a few recent or upcoming dramas off the top of my head that fit this trend:
- Marriage Contract: Lee Seo Jin (45) and UEE (28)
- Entertainer: Ji Sung (39) and Hyeri (21)
- Mirror of the Witch: Yoon Si Yoon (29) and Kim Sae Ron (15)
- Beautiful Gong Shim: Namgoong Min (38) and Minah (23)
- Doctors: Kim Rae Won (35) and Park shin Hye (26)
- Beautiful Mind: Jang Hyuk (39) and Park So Dam (24)
- Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: Park Bo Gum (22) and Kim Yoo Jung (16)
- Let's Fight Ghost: Taecyeon (27) and Kim So Hyun (16)
Given that we're bound to see the great age debate popping up again and again over the next few months, let's give the topic another look, shall we?